Vacation accommodation in the Valdarno of Tuscany, Italy
























Villa Il Borro in the Valdarno


Gardens of Villa Il Borro
Gardens of Villa Il Borro


Villa Il Boro was constructed by the Hohenlohe Waldenburg Schillinghurst princes on the site of existing ruins in 1848 (the year of revolution in Europe - they must have been confident!). It was a fashionable summer residence until the beginning of the 20 C when ownership passed to the Royal House of Savoy. In the 1950s the property passed into the hands of Duke Amedeo of Savoia of Aosta, who used it as his Tuscan game hunting preserve, before selling it to the Ferragamo Family in 1993. The Ferragamo family restored it as a luxury hotel along with number of nearby farmhouses as well as the village of Il Borro.

Il Borro village
Il Borro village

Valdarno © ammonet InfoTech 2007 - 2015. All rights reserved.